[OPE-L:8515] Re: will you be allowed to travel to the U.S.?

From: Cyrus Bina (binac@mrs.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 14:19:46 EST

Dear Jerry,

Thanks for posting this.  I also appreciate your keen sense of timing.  It
seems that we all need to get ready for the long haul by anticipating and
planning for what may ultimately come.  The task, however, is much larger
than what can be expected of the members on this list.  Yet, we need to
respond to these development collectively and accordingly.  I know that all
of us are busy through the roof and that we cannot be approached for
protesting against a bit of this and a bit of that on an ad hoc and day to
day basis.  We need to establish a committee, composed of volunteers,
perhaps some from the appropriate people outside of the list, who are able
to take charge of these daily happenings.  At the proper level, we need also
to network with all other concerned groups over such issues.  This is time.
the Showtime.  Let's give more time to the priority of our collective and
concrete life.  I am primarily a theorist and my life would be dull and
empty without engaging in theoretical matters.  Yet, a ton of theoretical
talk, if not properly accorded with an ounce of practice, has no value to
me.  I look forward to hear from all other friends and colleagues on this
matter.

Best wishes,

Cyrus