[OPE-L:8595] Re: Venezuela: the way forward?

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 21:38:26 EST

Re Mike L's [8579]:

>          'Venezuela: the way forward?' I assume that Jerry's title was not
> meant to ask if Venezuela is 'the' new model but, rather, if it is going
> forward.

Neither: my question was _what_ is the way forward?

There are many ways that I could respond to your post (e.g. by
discussing the Cuban experience),  but I will simply ask a question:

*  What can, should and is being done to ensure that there isn't a
        repeat of  what happened in Chile in 1973?

Comradely, Jerry

PS: the announcement for the conference [8573] made reference to
the failed coup last year but not the 'capital strike' this year.
Oversight?