(OPE-L) RE: Eminent physicist refuses to review American colleagues' papers

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 11:51:30 EDT

Gary wrote on Wednesday, April 30, 2003:

> I'm curious what others think on this matter.

I'm not convinced that it was the best move tactically, but
Daniel Amit's individual action has been largely successful
since we and others are talking about the underlying issues
(including the role of scientists and academics in the US and
UK and whether they share any of the moral responsibility
for the ends that their creations have been put to by the
military establishment in the US and UK).  From the outset,
it has been clear that Daniel Amit sought to publicize this matter
(see below) and stir debate.  It worked.

In solidarity, Jerry