Re: More re 'dreams and nightmares'

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 22:40:19 EDT

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> The US encourages hijackings by not prosecuting or returning
> hijackers; hijackings escalate and very illegal immigration
> explodes; Bush then rallies the US populace for a war against Castro
> in order to democratize Cuba so that illegal emigration ceases?  I
> just don't see Bush selling such a justification to the US populace
> or thinking that he has any chance of imposing his regime in Cuba.

I don't think a US invasion of Cuba is imminent, but I don't blame the
Cubans for worrying about that possibility.

Bush apparently had little difficulty "selling" an equally nonsensical
story about Iraq to the US populace (imaginary WMD and Al-Quaeda
links), and also had little difficulty ignoring those who wouldn't
buy it.

Allin Cottrell.