Reading list request

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 05:06:51 EDT

A comrade sent me this comment

  <<Until we write the canonical book on mechanical materialism, utopian and
scientific, we need to find a way to close the gap in the reading list between
mid/late 19th century & mid/late 20th century materialism.
I feel we need books on classic and contemporary struggles on the list but my
reading stops somewhere in the mid 1980's. Does anyone write good stuff on
revolution/transition in the new world order beyond the tedious
moralising humanism of the anti-globalisers?>>

Does anyone have any suggestions on this.