SUBCASE MISSING ON CHAPTER 3, VOL III

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 14:44:54 EDT

I do not recall whether or not this question has appeared before on
OPE-L nor do I know whether all of our colleagues on the list are aware.

Chapter 3, vol III,( international publishers´edition 1967, pgs. 49-69)
deals with "The relation of the rate of profit to the rate of surplus
value". The chapter is divided under two main headings: I. s´ constante
and  II. s´ variable. Under the second heading there are three subcases.

My question is this: Why is that Marx does not consider the possibility
of v being constant and C (total capital) being variable? This case is
just not discussed at all. What happened? Did he forget?
Paulo