(OPE-L) Re: indirect labor, the real wage, and the production of surplus value

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 07:40:35 EST

Replying to Mike L, Ajit wrote:

> In Marx's theory real wages are
> taken as given at any point of time, as the real wages
> are supposed to be determined in a long term
> socio-historical context (and not just class
> struggle).

Let me ask you a 'non-Marx question' first:
If real wages only change in the long-term,  then when
the purchasing power of money wages changes over
the short-run or medium-term during inflationary or
deflationary periods,  what is the name for that?
If 'real wages' haven't changed, then what has?

In solidarity, Jerry