FW: Hamza Alavi (1921-2003)

From: Ian Wright (ian_paul_wright@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 11:36:24 EST

Forwarding this message.

To All,

As you may know, our friend and relative, Prof. Hamza Alavi has passed on.
He still is an inspiration to many of us.  His knowledge about South Asian
society and economics was phenomenal, and he leaves behind a wealth of his
works.

There is a site to see his work by Sangat, however it has not been updated
for a while.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sangat/HAMZA.htm

There are some recent articles that he wrote, that we will try to curate and
make available over time.

May God bless him, and it was a privilege to know him.