Re: what makes a theory 'social democratic'?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 14:42:23 EST

>My real question is--- what kind of theory does imply that such an
>arrangement would work? Or, alternatively stated, specifically what
>are the necessary conditions/elements in a theory for it not to be
>social democratic?
>       in solidarity,
>       michael

My answer, Michael:
A theory whose diagnosis of crisis either gives confidence that it
will be self-correcting or that the state can correct it with
interventions that remain with the structural parameters of the
system, so to speak. See for example Mattick Economic Crisis and
Crisis Theory. I noticed that there is even a web edition now
available.

Yours, Rakesh