Re: the real wage, and the production of surplus value

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 05:07:14 EST

--- Paul Cockshott <wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK> wrote:

> Whilst I have a lot of sympathy with Ajits position
> since he is defending the conceptual integrity of
> the idea of relative surplus value, I do think we
> need an explanation of the relatively stable
> wage share in national incomes. This is of course
> quite different from a relatively stable rate
> of surplus value, due to the effects of unproductive
> labour.

I agree with you, as i have indicated earlier to Mike,
that we need to develop a robust theory of wages,
which will be able to explain the relative stability
of the wage share in the GDP, at least in the most of
the Western capitalist economies. But the way Mike is
going about it is to go nowhere. I think human capital
issues may have an important bearing on this. Cheers,
ajit sinha