Re: (OPE-L) Re: the real wage, and the production of surplus value

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 05:13:00 EST

--- gerald_a_levy <gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM> wrote:
> Hi Ajit.  A quick question --
>
> > <snip, JL>, we have not even opened the pandora
> box that
> > in the world of prices of production and not equal
> > value exchanges, it is not so easy to know how
> would
> > prices move with changes in technology, given that
> > changes in intermediary goods prices could cause
> > 'perverse effects on all those price changes.
>
> Are you thinking of  intermediary inputs where there
> is
> rent such that the price of the intermediary
> commodities
> is greater than their value (which then exerts a
> ratcheting
> effect upwards on the prices of other commodities)?
> Or,
> does Pandora's Box concern some other phenomenon?
>
> In solidarity, Jerry

No. I was thinking of Sraffa's dated labor analysis.
When you have a change in the price of any basic good,
its effect on other prices can be highly complicated
and counter intutive. Given that Mike is working with
commodity money, it will be very hard to tell which
prices will rise and which fall without solving the
whole system altogether. Cheers, ajit sinha