Re: Labour aristocracy

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 08:49:33 EST

Simon, There was a U.S. Senate study done many year's ago for the same
production processes done on both sides of the Mexican-U.S. border and it
found that Mexican workers and U.S. workers are more or less equally
productive using the same technology (I remember baseball gloves being one
product examined).  So how could it be that U.S. workers are more exploited
with a higher rate of surplus value than Mexican workers, indeed, how it
even be a close call?  Paul

--On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 11:05 AM +0000 Simon Mohun
<s.mohun@QMUL.AC.UK> wrote:

> I think that US workers are
> probably more exploited than third world workers, not less, in the sense
> that rates of surplus value are higher in the US.

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka