(OPE-L) s/v & c/v: macroeconomic categories only?

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 20:00:50 EST

Hello Cyrus:

>  But, the
> RATE OF SURPLUS VALUE is a macro concept that reflects the totality of
> SOCIAL CAPITAL as a whole.  In other words, the concept of EXPLOITATION is
> not a partial concept; it is rather an organic category belonging to
> undivided LABOR and, by the same token, to undivided CAPITAL).

"Undivided LABOR" does not produce surplus value.  The totality of
labor is not exploited. In so far as surplus value is concerned, labor is
divided between productive and unproductive labor and in this sense
only a portion of the wage-labor force is exploited by capital. So I think
there is something wrong with the symmetry you are asserting.

In solidarity, Jerry