Re: (OPE-L) Re: s/v & c/v: macroeconomic categories only?

From: Cyrus Bina (binac@MRS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 15:51:26 EST

Dear Jerry,

First of all, I apologize for the numerous typos in my previous post. The temperature of -41 degrees will do wonders in Minnesota!

As for your question on the 'consistency' of my usage of surplus value, I utilize and interpret the production of sv both in intra- and inter-industry framework of it (i.e., both at the level of firm and industry) in the same manner as you do or, perhaps, many others do.  I differ, however, on the utilization of the sub-categories of (firm-level or industry-level) surplus value as they rates to exploitation.  But, our discussion about the oil sector need not be constrained (and side-tracked) by this difference.  For instance, I have a totally different view than many on value formation and decline of the profit rate.  At any rate, let's accept that appropriate answers presuppose appropriate questions.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Cyrus