Re: (OPE-L) Ernesto's "Damned Lies" ?

From: Phil Dunn (pscumnud@DIRCON.CO.UK)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 21:23:23 EST

>The program for the upcoming EEA conference in Washington, D.C.
>is posted at:
><http://www.iona.edu/academic/arts_sci/orgs/eea/conf2004/cover.htm>http://www.iona.edu/academic/arts_sci/orgs/eea/conf2004/cover.htm
>
>In Session 55, sponsored by the IWGVT:
><http://www.iona.edu/eea/conf2004/Fri2pm.htm>http://www.iona.edu/eea/conf2004/Fri2pm.htm
>
>there is a paper to be presented on: "Lies, Damned Lies, and
>Screpanti's Critique of Marx".
>
>What articles or books by Ernesto is he alleged to have been lying
>about Marx?
>
>In solidarity, Jerry

Hi Jerry

There was a conference in Rome last year,  organised, I think,  by
Laboratorio per la Critical Sociale.  Ernesto Screpanti's paper was
entitled 'Value and Exploitation: A Counterfactual Approach'.  From
the first paragraph:

.. Cavallaro's appeal to beware of mystifying labour values lets us
hope that the search can proceed along correct lines today, avoiding
certain scholastic forcings which we have witnessed in the past,
although the interventions of Carchedi, Freeman and Kliman seem to
want to kill this hope at birth.

This could well elicit a response.

I have a hardcopy. I will bring it to Washington.

Phil