(OPE-L) Ernesto's "Damned Lies" ?

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 08:33:03 EST

Re: (OPE-L) Ernesto's "Damned Lies" ?Hi Phil:

There was a conference in Rome last year,  organised, I think,  by Laboratorio
per la Critical Sociale.  Ernesto Screpanti's paper was entitled 'Value and Exploitation:
A Counterfactual Approach'.  From the first paragraph
:.. Cavallaro's appeal to beware of mystifying labour values lets us hope that the
search can proceed along correct lines today, avoiding certain scholastic forcings
which we have witnessed in the past, although the interventions of Carchedi,
Freeman and Kliman seem to want to kill this hope at birth.
This could well elicit a response.

Thanks for the information.  I don't think anyone -- and perhaps least
of all, Ernesto --  would fault the author for responding to "Value and
Exploitation: A Counterfactual Approach."   There is  a question,
though,  about _how_ to respond.

Do you think that Ernesto has been spreading "Lies, Damned Lies" about
Marx?

Would you agree that there should have been another title selected for the
Kliman paper?

In solidarity, Jerry