Re: (OPE-L) Ernesto's "Damned Lies" ?

From: Ernesto Screpanti (screpanti@UNISI.IT)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 08:35:22 EST

Dear Jerry and Riccardo,

I would be very happy to discuss about the theory of value. But please, not
about "what Marx really said".

Riccardo says that my interpretation of Marx is wrong. May be he (as
Carchedi & co.) is a true believer and knows the  Truth as it is revealed
in the Book. Not me. Please let's discuss about economics and logic, and
avoid the "ipse dixit" method.

My article "Value and Exploitation: A Counter-Factual Approach" has come
out in the "Review of Political Economy", 2003. Another article in which I
criticise Carchedi's TSS Bible will come out on the same journal in 2004.
In both articles I never rise questions of correct interpretations.  I rise
substantive and formal problems with the theories of value and exploitation.

In solidarity

Ernesto