(OPE-L) RE: logical order and historical order

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 09:57:06 EST

Re: (OPE-L) logical order and historical orderA short additional comment in reply to Rakesh:

If we consider the unfolding of the *capital-form*
(capital in production/capital in circulation/capital
in distribution) we can observe a *logical* ordering.
The ordering of the historical development of capital,
however, does not follow the same order as the
logical ordering.  Furthermore,  in the further
determination of the capital-form the ordering doesn't
necessarily correspond to the historical order: e.g. there
is a logical unfolding of  capital in distribution from the
distribution of capital within industrial capital (where
prices of production are formed) to the distribution of
capital between industrial and non-industrial capital
whereas the historical sequence was the reverse.

In solidarity, Jerry