Re: (OPE-L) RE: Say's Law in Marxian Theories?

From: A.B.Trigg (A.B.Trigg@OPEN.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 17:27:43 EST

Jerry.
Your insights inot the Grossmanite influence on the LTRPF are illuminating. I think you are also right that the claim that all its proponents implicitly assume Say's Law is rather wild. My weaker point was that maybe they move to the LTRPF too quickly, and the complexity of technological change and prices deviating from values If Marx's method were followed correctly then they would stop off for longer in Volume II of Capital for Marx's attack of Say's Law and the capitalist nexus, before getting lost in the high seas of Volume III.
Andrew.