Re: (OPE-L) Say's Law in Marxian Theories?

From: A.B.Trigg (A.B.Trigg@OPEN.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 07:21:47 EST

Paul.
I don't argue that supply creates its own demand at the macro level. The problem at the macro level is that investment increases capacity but does not automatically create sufficient demand to establish balanced growth (this at least is the Domar interpretation of Marx's reproduction schemes). However, whilst Say's Law would assume this problem away, if it were to hold, I think it may also assume away the problem of disproportionality: since supply and demand are perfectly matched if the departments of production are in balance. Does this make any sense?
Andrew.