Re: (OPE-L) "Marx, Markets and Meatgrinders: An Interview with Bertell Ollman" from Political Affairs

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 15:41:51 EST

Regarding the theory of the capitalist state, one of the "pressing questions
in marxist theory", some elements emerge from Capital:
1. taxes (?)
2. public debt (Chapter on credit, vol III)
3. regulation of the use of labor power (Chapter on Working day, Chapter on
Modern Industry)
4. role of guaranteing liquidity to the banking system in crisis (Chapters
on credit,  vol.III)

Could one say that the theory of the state in Marx is derived from all
processes that could go wrong in the capitalist market system, processes in
relation to which the state has to develop means to deal with on a
systematic basis?
What is our basic reading, if any, for this issue?
Paulo