Re: (OPE-L) Babbage and Marx

From: Paul Cockshott (clyder@GN.APC.ORG)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 17:02:03 EST

I found the part of the article emphasising Babbages chapter
'On Copying' particularly significant. I had not read that chapter
and I myself consider that copying techniques - casting, printing,
photography and photo-derived technologies are probably the
most significant ways in which labour productivity has historically
increased. This aspect of Babbages analysis does not seem to
have been paid much attention by Marx.