Re: (OPE-L) Re: Systematic Dialectics and the Presentation of Historical Detail in Volume I of _Capital_

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@LUBS.LEEDS.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 05:32:16 EST

Hi

On 25 Mar 2004 at 22:04, Paul Cockshott wrote:

> Andrew Brown wrote:
> >
> > The theory has the same core as it always did, viz. LTV, emphasis on
> > levels of abstraction, importance of VCC/OCC/TCC distinctions,
> > emphasis on need to incorporate concrete, empirical, historical and
> > contingent material.
>
> Why do you consider VCC/OCC/TCC distinctions important.
>
> It has always struck me that only there is only one well defined
> concept there, the rest is handwaving.

they are pivotal for grasping the LTRPF and the transformation
problem (both of which turn on difference or changes in 'the' 'CC').
see Fine and saadi Filho's 'Marx's Capital', 4th ed, for example.
interesting to note that the distinction only really comes into its own
when thinking about disequilibrium.

andy