Re: (OPE-L) Re: *New Pearl Harbor*

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 19:22:20 EDT

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 glevy@PRATT.EDU wrote:

> Hi Paul Z:
>
> > This book is one to be read, not dismissed.
>
> OK, I won't dismiss the thesis of the book  out-of-hand.
> I have no strong convictions one way or the other whether
> the Bush administration had foreknowledge of the attack on
> 9/11 and chose to let those atacks happen.  My question,
> though, concerned what *you* believe.  Do *you* believe that
> the book's thesis is valid?  If so, then I'll make sure I
> read a copy.

Jerry,

The issue raised by the book is the same as in my 'Preface' to
*Confronting 9-11, Ideologies of Race, and Eminent Economists* (RESEARCH,
Vol. 20, 2002), i.e., we need to confront the evidence.  It does not have
the exact 'who-done-it' conclusion you seem to be demanding.  The book is
detailed, yet easy enough to read in its 168 pages.

I'll just stand by my 'must read' recommendation.  That should be enough.
More gets more personal than is needed, as far as I am concerned.  (One
person emailed me that the book is scariest book he has ever read.)

Paul Z.

Vol.21-Neoliberalism in Crisis, Accumulation, and Rosa Luxemburg's Legacy
RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY, Zarembka/Soederberg, eds, Elsevier Science
********************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka