Re: 'primitive' or 'original accumulation': reply to Howard

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 12:01:27 EDT

I don't have his book, Howard.  Since you say he cites the debate in The
Commoner, could you report if he explicitly disagrees with my point in
that debate.

Harvey's position seems close to Frank's -- which from my point of view is
a step forward from careless use of 'primitive' or 'original
accumulation'.  I'd go a step further and reject even the possibility of
excluding dispossession from 'accumulation of capital' proper.

Thanks, Paul

Vol.21-Neoliberalism in Crisis, Accumulation, and Rosa Luxemburg's Legacy
RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY, Zarembka/Soederberg, eds, Elsevier Science
********************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka