Re: (OPE-L) accumulation and de-accumulation of capital?

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 20:00:31 EDT

Jerry, you say:
All I was saying is that if we look at the circuit M - C - M' then
for there to be capital accumulation the M that goes towards the
purchase of c and v in the next period of production must be
greater than the M that began the previous period.  Thus, the M
in Period 2 must be a greater quantity than the M that began
Period I.  There is no need here for complications that arise
because of commodity-money vs. non-commodity-money regimes.

Paulo: but this is not necessarily so. If the value of the means of
production are reduced we can have capital accumulation with a lower M
at the beginning of the new circuit.