Freeman, Kliman, Wells eds. _The New Value Controversy

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 19:45:52 EDT

Levy writes:
>Long overdue:

Yes but worth the wait as the superb blurbs on which you cannot
yourself to comment indicate.

>As I noted in a message sent on December 10, 2001,  the 'Edward
>Elgar 2002' catalog indicated that this book was to be published in
>May, 2002.

Are you criticizing the work for being late? Note the diverse
viewpoints represented: Moseley, Laibman, Roberts and others.

>  Has anyone actually _seen_ a copy?

>Note price (US$110.00).

Yes, I have a library copy. I still don't agree with how TSS attempts
to dissolve dualism (Bruce Roberts' Althusserian interpretations are
however very stimulating) and how TSS disarticulates the value from
(what they call) the material rate of profit. But there is much food
for thought in this volume. I am very happy that it has been
published.

Rakesh

ps Levy, I was wondering whether you were planning on being OPE-L
moderator for life? Shouldn't a Marxist have stepped down by now?