(OPE-L) Re: Freeman, Kliman, Wells eds. _The New Value Controversy

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 00:39:16 EDT

Rakesh retuned to OPE-L the other day.

> Levy writes:
> >Long overdue:
> Yes but worth the wait as the superb blurbs on which you cannot
> yourself to comment indicate.

What _you_ can not bring yourself to note is that I was
giving free publicity to the book. Publicity that an editor solicited
when he sent me mailings.

> >As I noted in a message sent on December 10, 2001,  the 'Edward
> >Elgar 2002' catalog indicated that this book was to be published in
> >May, 2002.>
> Are you criticizing the work for being late?

Noting that a book is being published late is not a criticism of the
book itself.  I think everyone on the list understood that.

> ps Levy, I was wondering whether you were planning on being OPE-L
> moderator for life? Shouldn't a Marxist have stepped down by now?

PS to Rakesh:

a) You can call me Jerry.

b) You will recall how much support you received on the list the last time
you made this suggestion.

c)  To answer your "questions":

i) I never intended to become, nor do I seek the title of, "moderator for
life."

ii) There is no "Marxist" position on how long someone should continue
to serve as an Internet list coordinator.

In solidarity, Jerry