(OPE-L) Re: old and new publishing technologies

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 12:17:33 EDT

Raklesh:

> By the way, there is inter library loan and there are
> copying machines.

Yes. There are also bread lines. There are homeless shelters.
There are charities.  You sound like Scrooge. To suggest to
students, workers and scholars that  the answer is inter-library
loans and/or copying (which, btw, the publisher might not
appreciate and is probably illegal) shows great insensitivity.

> I would think that nine years of coordinating would increase your
> resolve to step down. There is bound to be frustrations with anyone
> over that period of time.

Indeed, there are frustrations to be expected  over that period of
time.  That is why I am so encouraged to _stay_ as coordinator.
There are now eighty-seven (87) members of OPE-L.  You are the
only one (1) that has called for my resignation.  That is an _excellent_
approval rating.

> I would like for your posts to be queried
> in terms of their ethics of solidarity by someone with the
> administrative power that you have monopolized. I would like someone
> else to have the same influence on who is admitted to this list or
> not.

We have an Advisory Committee.

In solidarity, Jerry