Re: (OPE-L) Re: old and new publishing technologies

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 12:39:47 EDT

>Indeed, there are frustrations to be expected  over that period of
>time.  That is why I am so encouraged to _stay_ as coordinator.
>There are now eighty-seven (87) members of OPE-L.  You are the
>only one (1) that has called for my resignation.  That is an _excellent_
>approval rating.

Levy, it's not a question of approval. It's a question of whether
anyone should monopolize administrative authority for close to a
decade. I am sure that most of those OPE-L'ers who are thankful or
moderately thankful for your administration would agree that nine
years from any one person is enough, that administration should be
rotated, and that the advisory committee should appoint someone new.
You do not own this list; you do not pay for it. No one OPE-L member
does. The question is not whether Levy should resign but whether any
one person should moderate for more than nine years.  I  doubt that
anyone on this list would agree to that in principle.

Let's see who disagrees with that.

Rakesh