Re: (OPE-L) Re: Rakesh's Suggestion

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 16:41:15 EDT

Levy,

just so that everyone knows that you are a liar, here is the record:

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:38:01 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: OFF-LIST from OPE-L?
From: <glevy@pratt.edu>
To: <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Cc: <cottrell@wfu.edu>, <glevy@pratt.edu>, <fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu>,
         <rakeshb@stanford.edu>

Paul and others:

Yes, RB knew that this topic was to be taken off-list but
he posted on-list anyway.  That's _twice_ that he has posted on-list
on this subject after being informed that it was to be discussed
off-list.

So now let me make me make it CLEAR that if it happens again,
then I _WILL_  use my "administrative authority" [!] to ensure that
it is NOT discussed again on-list.

I was responding to the insinuation that I was at best an apologist
for imperialism. Note that Levy was not asking for the advisory
committee's approval; he was announcing what he would do. Just let us
be clear: Levy is an unprincipled, mendacious moderator.

Bhandari