(OPE-L) Re: the productive macworker

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 06:57:22 EDT

Hi Michael P. and Paul C.

> The Economic Report of the President suggest that they should be
> classified as manufacturing workers!!!

Yes, I understood that.  The real [unstated, political] reason for the
change in classification by the Bush administration is obvious.  What is
not so obvious to me is whether list members "agree that the
macworkers are not only exploited but also the source of surplus
value?" which is the question that Michael L posed in the first post in
this thread on Sunday.

I agree with Paul C with that they can be a _significant_ source of
surplus value.

In solidarity, Jerry