Re: Rakesh evokes Kronstadt, Bolshevism, etc.

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 12:33:51 EDT

  I asked:

>>         In his Kronstadt/Bolshevism note, Rakesh says:
>>1. 'Chavez called on the National Guard to shoot
>>at the strikers.'
>>2.'Gindin hoped that Chavez would express support for workers short of
>>>nationalization. Chavez seems only to have had them shot at.'
>>3. 'So Chavez had them shot at to make the union stronger?'
>>
>>         3 times. Must be true. Does Rakesh have any evidence that Chavez
>> called in the National Guard (and called on them to shoot at the workers!)?

>At 11:50 22/05/2004, Rakesh responded:
>
>I don't have any evidence that Rumsfeld ordered the torture at Abu Graib
>either. But he is responsible. I don't have reason to believe that Chavez
>is not responsible for what the--nay, his--NATIONAL guard does, do you?

In other words, you have no evidence. But it doesn't stop you from
repeating your assertions--- ones, it should be stressed, that nobody here
has made (including the workers fired upon with rubber bullets). Shame.
         You ask me to share my information on the list. Rakesh, this is
not an intellectual debating game in which I will get more points if I
reveal something I happen to know publicly. There is a struggle going on in
Venezuela--- the situation is delicate, the potential for new plots and
subversion constant, the prospects uncertain. The enemy is imperialism and
capitalism. Anyone who considers herself a Marxist should have no
difficulty choosing sides (which means DOING SOMETHING). You have
demonstrated over and over that you have chosen your side.
         michael
PS. I must remember to ask the comrades of SUTISS or UNT if they are
discussing strategies to take over plants and wondering about the immediate
state response if they've 'thought through Pashukanis'.

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601