Re: Rakesh evokes Kronstadt, Bolshevism, etc.

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 13:58:08 EDT

>In other words, you have no evidence. But it doesn't stop you from
>repeating your assertions--- ones, it should be stressed, that
>nobody here has made (including the workers fired upon with rubber
>bullets). Shame.

Shame on me for having assumed that Chavez is responsible for what
the National Guard does? Shame on me for thinking that one should be
alert to the threat that Chavez may use chaos to subsume independent
trade unions within the party apparatus?

>       You ask me to share my information on the list. Rakesh, this
>is not an intellectual debating game in which I will get more points
>if I reveal something I happen to know publicly. There is a struggle
>going on in Venezuela--- the situation is delicate, the potential
>for new plots and subversion constant, the prospects uncertain. The
>enemy is imperialism and capitalism. Anyone who considers herself a
>Marxist should have no difficulty choosing sides (which means DOING
>SOMETHING). You have demonstrated over and over that you have chosen
>your side.
>       michael
>PS. I must remember to ask the comrades of SUTISS or UNT if they are
>discussing strategies to take over plants and wondering about the
>immediate state response if they've 'thought through Pashukanis'.

Ask them whether their strike being illegal should be grounds for
being shot at.

Rakesh