(OPE-L) RE: tendencies for equalization

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 00:08:02 EDT

Hi Allin.

> I don't see what Say's Law and marginalism have to do with it.  It's
> very simple and general concept that if workers try to do what I
> stated above, this will _tend_ to equalize wages -- or better, to
> limit the dispersion of wages (for comparable sorts of labour, natch).

There are assumptions being made here about the demand for labour
and the composition of capital.  The scenario you present is similar to
that posited by Marx  in  _Capital_, Volume I, Ch. 25,  Section 1.
When the organic composition of capital increases, as in Section 2
of that chapter, there is a completely different dynamic.

In solidarity, Jerry