(OPE-L) Re: The Amish in a fossil-fuel depleting world -- Nader/Camejo

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 17:23:44 EDT

Hi Paul Z

> For the first time in my life I'm teaching environmental economics
> and becoming much more aware of fossil fuel depletion and global warming.

Have you (or others on the list) found a good Marxian, radical, or
heterodox textbook on environmental economics?  From what I've seen,
most of the texts are mainstream (no surprise there) and all too
frequently frame the issues in terms of welfare economics and cost-
benefit analysis and present the bourgeois perspective that the state
represents "the public interest".

In solidarity, Jerry