(OPE-L) Luxemburg's Intro to P.E. in English

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 07:48:23 EST

> However, Paul Mattick Jr. had a great reply. He answered something
> like this: you know, Riccardo, when I think of you I can only
> remember that you're a great economist.
> 8-)

Riccardo:

For Paul M to call someone a "great economist" is not
necessarily a compliment -- this becomes apparent once
you grasp his interpretation of the character and importance
of critique and the purpose of _Capital_.   But, I gather he's a
friend of your so it was probably a  well-intentioned joke.

In solidarity, Jerry