Re: (OPE-L) Luxemburg's Intro to P.E. in English

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 12:32:56 EST

At 8:48 -0800 18-11-2004, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>At 9:08 AM -0500 11/18/04, Paul Zarembka wrote:
>>Luxemburg did not pay much attention to the tendency of the rate of profit
>>and that is a strength of hers.
>
>This is an assertion as is my claim that I found Fred Moseley's piece
>in Alfredo Saad Filho's Anti Capitalism more penetrating than yours
>in the same book.

I like Moseley. And, to nmake an example, I like his pieces in MR on
the crisis in USA in the last few years. Do you know, Rakesh, that
they are the same, and a bit less powerful, than Godley on the Levy's
site? Or Wray. Both Post-keynesians, btw.

>>The tendency of profits, if any, is an extremely complicated problem.  I
>>always found A.D. Magaline (an anonymous collective) Lutte de classes et
>>devalorisation du capital: Contribution a la critique de revisionnisme,
>>Maspero 1975 a great starting point, but no body pays any attention to it.
>>Quel domage!
>>
>>Grossmann is a tired reference.
>
>And so are Mattick, Shoul, Yaffe, Cogoy, Shaikh, Ernst, Moseley?

Can you tell me more about Ernst?

Actually Moseley does not seem to me to be a falling rate of profit
guy, read carefully.
--
Riccardo Bellofiore
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche