Re: (OPE-L) Luxemburg's Intro to P.E. in English

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 12:42:55 EST

At 6:32 PM +0100 11/18/04, Riccardo Bellofiore wrote:
>At 8:48 -0800 18-11-2004, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>>At 9:08 AM -0500 11/18/04, Paul Zarembka wrote:
>>>Luxemburg did not pay much attention to the tendency of the rate of profit
>>>and that is a strength of hers.
>>
>>This is an assertion as is my claim that I found Fred Moseley's piece
>>in Alfredo Saad Filho's Anti Capitalism more penetrating than yours
>>in the same book.
>
>I like Moseley. And, to nmake an example, I like his pieces in MR on
>the crisis in USA in the last few years. Do you know, Rakesh, that
>they are the same, and a bit less powerful, than Godley on the Levy's
>site? Or Wray. Both Post-keynesians, btw.

Yes there is similar focus on the problems of international economic
stability, e.g. sustainability of US current account deficit. But the
problems are rooted in different relations altogether.

>>>The tendency of profits, if any, is an extremely complicated problem.  I
>>>always found A.D. Magaline (an anonymous collective) Lutte de classes et
>>>devalorisation du capital: Contribution a la critique de revisionnisme,
>>>Maspero 1975 a great starting point, but no body pays any attention to it.
>>>Quel domage!
>>>
>>>Grossmann is a tired reference.
>>
>>And so are Mattick, Shoul, Yaffe, Cogoy, Shaikh, Ernst, Moseley?
>
>Can you tell me more about Ernst?
I'm referring to his modification of Grossmann's use of Bauer scheme
to kick off TSS school.

>Actually Moseley does not seem to me to be a falling rate of profit
>guy, read carefully.

read carefully? that's a bit patronizing. I don't think Andrew T
thought I had not read his critique of Grossman carefully. I just did
not agree that it proved much. But as for Moseley I'll have to figure
out why he wrote a book with FROP in the title.

Perhaps Fred will respond.

Rakesh