Re: (OPE-L) Luxemburg's Intro to P.E. in English

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 13:27:02 EST

At 9:42 -0800 18-11-2004, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

>>Actually Moseley does not seem to me to be a falling rate of profit
>>guy, read carefully.
>
>read carefully? that's a bit patronizing.

If I read carefully: sorry.

And in any case if there is something I would nevr deny is that you
are a careful reader.

>  I don't think Andrew T
>thought I had not read his critique of Grossman carefully. I just did
>not agree that it proved much. But as for Moseley I'll have to figure
>out why he wrote a book with FROP in the title.

that's a good question.

friendly joke: I think that whoever wants to be orthodox would never
say that the TRPF is wrong; and since it figures prominently in Vol.
III, would frame his argument in that terminology.

I would say that in Fred the focus is on unproductive labour
squeezing the profit rate.

btw: me myself (though I would never claim to be orthodox, as RL
wanted to be) would say that the TRPF would be essential in a
overwhole crisis theory based on LTV, which should put together TRPF,
disproportionality-effective demand crises, workers struggle in value
production.

>Perhaps Fred will respond.

may be

riccardo