Re: naive question on Sraffian model

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 12:05:18 EST

At 7:51 PM +0100 11/23/04, Anders Ekeland wrote:

>Notions crying of for some harsh deconstruction. Joan Robinson made a major
>contribution to that - especially on "capital".

I don't know if pointing to circular reasoning in parables compares
to Derrida's deconstruction of the great philosophical texts. At any
rate,  general equilibrium theory simply did away with the idea of a
single price of capital, and scoffed at reswitching as of no
empirical concern. So this famous deconstruction doesn't seem to
amount to much, and certaintly does not compensate for her insidious
attempt to vanquish the spectre of Marx by making him appear as a
proto Keynesian. Didn't Schumpeter complain that this is what Sweezy
was trying to do as well?

rb