Re: (OPE-L) Robinson and Marx

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 13:26:52 EST

I agree too, Paul. In fact, as some of my posts testify, I go even
further, I think taht some point of this tradition must be included
critically in a renewed Marxism. My point was about what happened
after the mid 70s. I think Neoclassical mounted an efffective
reaction. I guess that the same Robinson was not very happy with a
criticism of Neoclassicism which stopped at the critique of
neoclassical capital theory, and insisted that we should go towards
an approach which included time and history in an essential way. Does
this mean that we have to accept the idea that value is just
metaphysics? At the same time, I accept as substantially true her
criticism of the falling rate of profits. But apologies for having
put these points too quickly. I should have not intervened.

riccardo

--

Riccardo Bellofiore
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche