Re: (OPE-L) Robinson and Marx

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 15:09:30 EST

At 3:48 PM -0400 11/25/04, michael a. lebowitz wrote:
>At 15:05 25/11/2004, Rakesh wrote:
>
>>You mean Robinson's tired criticisms such as rising s/v can
>>counteract rising c/v? Or the belief that capital saving innovation
>>(itself ususally a product of very intense capital intensive
>>production--think how the computer has been cheapened...with close to
>>two billion dollar wafer fabs) may not slow down but actually
>>neutralize or reverse the OCC?
>
>I guess I missed something. Tired in what way?
>         michael

Sure if c/v is not growing, rising s/v may create problems for the
realization of surplus value, and you can safely derive your
Kaleckian criticism of analytical Marxism. But get real, man! That
proxy Y/K is meaningless.
  Happy Thanksgiving to the yanquis (I'm off email for a while now)
and, more importantly, to Michael please accept my belated
congratulations on your wedding.
Yours, Rakesh