[OPE-L] The Death of Mary Malloy

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 22:25:00 EST

I learned today that Mary Malloy, a young Marxist economist
who received her  PhD from the New School, died about three
weeks ago.

Mary -- whom I remember fondly from the time when we were
both students at the New School -- was a feminist,  an  activist
in URPE, an Executive Board member of and contributor to
_Against the  Current_ ,  a former student of listmember Anwar
Shaikh,  and an Associate Professor at the College of New Rochelle.
She wrote, among other topics, on crisis theory and long waves.

She asked that there not be a memorial meeting.

In solidarity, Jerry