Re: [OPE-L] capital in general as a real existence

From: Hanno Pahl (hanno.pahl@UNI-BIELEFELD.DE)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 07:23:58 EST

Dear Rakesh and Michael,

thanx for Your hints/references!

So far it seems to me that You share my basic intention to interprete Marx notion about the Capital-as-a-whole as a link to the 'emergence of credit', as one could put it.

I also remembered and found the passage from Grundrisse that You, Michael, quoted (that one where Marx amplified that in the money market capital is posited in its totality (Penguin-classic-edition: p.275). But You mentioned another very interesting passage:

Here, in the money market, "capital appears as the general element as opposed to individual capitals"; here, there is a real presence of capital as a whole

Is this a quotation from Marx, too? I haven't found it yet.

Best wishes,

Hanno