Re: [OPE-L] capital in general as a real existence

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 12:35:50 EST

> >       I think the link is to money-capital as the form of capital in
general.
> Michael,
> There are problems, I think, with the thesis that capital in general
> can be  represented synecdochically, especially as money capital.
> This dovetails with the idea that capital can in general be abolished
> through the abolition of interest or the euthansia of the rentier. I
> would suggest that capital in general does not exist only as a
> synecdoche but rather as a concrete individual.

Rather, I think the position of Michael L (and Andy, who said that
he agreed with him) dovetails with the idea that capital-in-general
takes the commodity-form and, hence, the  value-form and the
money-form.  This then  dovetails with the idea that capital-in-general
can be abolished through the abolition of  value and commodity
production and exchange (recalling, of course, that the class relations
particular to capitalism are associated with the commodity-form).
Doesn't that dovetail rather nicely with the position of  Marx?

In solidarity, Jerry