Re: [OPE-L] capital in general as a real existence

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 10:39:59 EST

> My interest in these things comes from my PhD-thesis, because here I
compare
> the Marxian conception of economy with those conception found in Niklas
> Luhmanns theory of social systems (which is quite popular here in
Germany).

Hanno:

Are you familiar with what  Heiner Ganssmann, a former OPE-L member,
wrote about Luhmann on "Double Contingency" (go to his homepage
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ganssman/ and you will find DC in the section
on 'downloads'). [NB: the topic of double contingency seems related to
issues raised in the thread on "Hume", imo.]

Note also the other articles in that section including the short one on
"Capitalism" and the 2004 "What is wrong with the German economy?".

In solidarity, Jerry