[OPE-L] admissions decision-making by consensus

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 19:54:02 EST

The list policy on admissions was reported on in-depth in [OPE-L:6958],
a statement by the Advisory Committee (AC) dated 4/10/02.  Advisory
Committee decision-making, including decisions about admissions, are
by consensus.  I have no more or less "de facto veto power" over AC
decision-making re admissions than do any of the AC members.  Any
member of the AC or I can, should we choose, block consensus or
threaten to block consensus.  At no time  since the AC was formed in
2002 have I or any current or former member of the AC blocked
consensus or threatened to block consensus on admissions or any
other topic.

Should anyone want to discuss the list policy or to make
recommendations for admission, then please contact
Alejandro <valle@servidor.unam.mx>, Allin <cottrell@wfu.edu>,
Fred <fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu> and myself <glevy@pratt.edu>
off-list.

In solidarity, Jerry