[OPE-L] New Version of Capital Annotations

From: Hans G. Ehrbar (ehrbar@LISTS.ECON.UTAH.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 23:38:10 EST

Jerry,

glossary.pdf is not that big, it is 1.4 MB.  it has lots of
pages because in the screen version, many pages have only
one sentence on them. The other versions are printed
more compactly.  Why did you have troubles opening it?
You have to extract the pdf files from the zip archive
first, before opening them with the Acrobat Reader.
Otherwise the links between the files won't work

Vorstellen is an interesting word, and I added a chapter
about it, which I will upload tomorrow or so.  I found 61
occurrences of this word in *Capital I*.  I see three
different uses:

(1) Sometimes it means a prescientific thought, idea, hunch,
imagination.  This term comes from Hegel, sometimes
translated with picture-thinking.

(2) Sometimes it means the same or something very similar to
darstellen, represent.

(3) The third meaning of "vorgestellt" is: notional, as
opposed to real.  Another German synonym for this meaning is
ideell (not ideal, there is a difference between the two).

Hans.