[OPE-L] Gogol, _Hegelian-Marxist philosopher, Raya Dunayevskaya_

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 12:12:49 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eugene Gogol" <egogol@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: Hegelian-Marxist philosopher, Raya Dunayevskaya

 I am the author of a  recently published intellectual biography of an
 Hegelian Marxist philosopher, Raya Dunayevskaya. The table of contents and
 introduction to the book, "Raya Dunayevskaya: Philosopher of
Marxist-Humanism," can be viewed at:

 www.geocities.com/rayabook

    I am writing to ask whether you would request your university library to
 order this book.

    Ms Dunayevskaya was secretary to Leon Trotsky in exile in Mexico,
 developed a theory of Russia as a state-capitalist society. Her first book
 Marxism and Freedom (1958), published her original English translation of
 two essays from Marx's 1844 Economic-Philosophic Manuscripts. Among her
 other writings have been Philosophy and Revolution: from Marx to Mao and
 from Hegel to Sartre (1973) and Rosa Luxemburg, Women's Liberation, and
 Marx's Philosophy of Revolution (1983).

     Eugene Gogol is also the author of The Concept of Other in Latin
 American Liberation: Fusing Emancipatory Philosophic Thought and Social
 Revolt (2002).

    I believe the Dunayevskaya biography would be a valuable contribution to
 your university library for research purposes by faculty and students.

 Thank you for your consideration.

 Eugene Gogol